AVI50222 Diploma of Aviation (CPLA)
Course commences August 2022
Enquire about enrolment now
The Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence Aeroplane) training course is open to students who do not have any flight experience (ab-initio), who are looking to study full-time to realise their goals of becoming a commercial pilot.
Our RTO (RTO: 1269) approval allows us to offer and deliver the AVI50219 training package. In addition, our Vet Student Loans approval permits Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd to accept applications from students seeking funded training.
Our CRICOS approval (CRICOS Provider Code: 02974G) allows applications from International Students.
Australian citizens and/or eligible residents and International Students can apply to enrol in this course of study.
Pilot training requires good maths, an understanding of physics and the ability to think laterally.
You will learn, practise and apply your aviation knowledge to Civil Aviation Safety Authority rules and regulations and the operation of a fixed wing aircraft throughout your training.
Under the rules of the AVI50219 training package, Students are required to successfully complete 11 units of study and the associated assessments (milestones) to continue to the next unit of study.
Successful students graduate with a Commercial Pilot Licence Flight Crew Licence, their Pilot wings and a Diploma in Aviation (CPLA).
To be awarded the AVI50222 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane), a successful outcome is required in the following 29 units of competency comprising:
28 core units Click here to download
1 general elective unit will include night flying. The general elective unit must contribute to the vocational outcomes of the qualification.
Students making a Vet Student Loan application for training at Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd (RTO: 1269) must be aware that:
- Vet Student Loans (VETSL) will not be approved for students who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- Approval for a Vet Student Loan gives rise to a VETSL debt that continues to be a debt owed to the Commonwealth until the debt is repaid.
- VETSL Students will receive Vet Student Fee Notice 14 days before a Census date and after the Census date has passed, Pacific Flight Services will send a Commonwealth Assistance Notice(CAN) for that Unit of Study. The notice will provide details their debt, including the loan fee, if applicable.
- Eligible Students can borrow up to a maximum of $81,111.00 (2021 rate, indexed annually) for a single course. For Aviation, Individuals have maximum lifetime cap of $150,000.00 (2020 – indexed annually).
Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd recommends Students seek independent financial advice before incurring any financial debt.
When applying for enrolment in AVI50219 Diploma of Aviation, you will be required to provide evidence of the following:
(follow links for more information)
- Class 1 Aviation Medical issued by a CASA Designated Aviation Medical Examiner
- Aviation Reference Number (ARN) issued by CASA
- Undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve ACSF exit Level 3 (working level 4)
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent/higher
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Provide a USI
- Attend a pre-screening interview
- Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd only accepts current IELTS certificates with an overall score of 5.5
- Overseas Student Health Cover
Vet Student Loans Applicants:
- Australian tax file number (TFN)
- Where applicable – CHESSN (Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number)
Should you succeed in your application for enrolment, you will be issued with a letter of Operational Need to apply for an Aviation Security Identification Card
The course fee includes the following materials and events to pass the Units of Competencies and the CASA flight tests for the award of the qualification in a timely manner and within the course timeframe:
- Face to Face training
- Flight training
- Theory training
- Simulator training
- 1 attempt at each flight test
- Course handouts
- Reference library access
- Student kit
The cost of the course is $AUD 89,500.00 $AUD 81,111.00 of the course cost is available under the VET Student Loan Scheme to eligible applicants.
Fees can be paid in full, or scheduled in line with each unit of study.
If a Student wants to repeat a unit of competency, they must discuss this with the Principal Executive Officer as early as possible to discuss their situation and possible options. The course fee only provides for one attempt at a unit.
- Read this How to Enrol document
- Complete and sign:
- Attach required supporting documentary evidence (certified):
- Aviation Reference Number
- Class 1 or 2 Aviation Medical
- Higher School Certificate – Equivalent/higher
- Passport Identification
- IELTS Certificate (where applicable)
- Visa (Where applicable)
- OSHC – Overseas Student Health Cover certificate
- Follow instructions contained within the enrolment form to submit your application.