Private Pilot Licence

General Information

As a Private Pilot you can fly to any destination in Australia, with private passengers subject to the conditions of your licence i.e. visual flight rules.

  • Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
  • A Class 1 or Aviation 2 Medical
  • Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)

You could start training from the very beginning (ab initio) or already have a Recreational Pilot Licence

To meet the minimum requirements, it can take as little as 3 – 6 months to complete your theory, flight training, exams and flight tests.

Like the Recreational Pilot Licence, you have the option to study/fly at your own pace.

This non-integrated PPL(A) syllabus of training requires that you pass the following theory exams:

  • PPL(A)

Approximately 96 hours in theory, and gain a total of:

  • 35 hours Dual
  • 10 hours Solo

2 hours of which is Dual Instrument time and 1 hour of Dual Instrument Flight time

The average Student can demonstrate sufficient competency for a recommendation to undertake their test between 50 – 70 hours.

PPL (A) Flight Test

Refer to the CASA website for further information:

The estimated cost of the course:

$AUD 24,000.00

* Flight test fees not included in the estimate.

* Estimated cost of the course is subject to student performance and may vary as a result. 

Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd is a CASA Part 61 Approved Training Provider who can deliver both Part 141 and Part 142 training to aspiring Pilots.

Our Students come to us looking to gain 10-12 hours of logged flight experience so they are able to apply for a cadetship, while others seek to continue their training and gain a Private Pilots licence and fly their families around the countryside. Many, however, are looking to go further and become a Commercial Pilot so they can work as at an airline or for a charter company.

Careful consideration of the options available will help you decide how far you will take your training, on your terms.

The 150 Hour Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence (A) syllabus, is less flexible than the other options. The course is intensive and runs to a full-time timetable. As it is considered a Vocational Education Training course, it has other benefits. Contact us for more information.

Other Courses

Recreational Pilot Licence

Private Pilot Licence

Commercial Pilot Licence